$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ALL THE RUMOURS, MYTHS, & WEIRD WINE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ AND FOOD STORIES YOU CAN HANDLE.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$SS "NO MATTER HOW CYNICAL I GET, I CAN NEVER KEEP UP" (Lily Tomlin)

******************************* WINNER OF THREE MAJOR SPIFFY AWARDS FOR WINE SATIRE !!

Friday, December 19, 2008

LCBO wants Tudor to work over the Holiday Season

TRAWNA – (GOSH Wine News Services) – The LCBO today chastised Dean Tudor for taking two weeks off at Christmas and New Year's.

 

Said a spokesperson for the LCBO, A Crown Corporation, "He can't do that! We need him to keep us honest, to bounce ideas off of for the future possibilities of life in Ontario. We're 24/7 via the Internet, we're only shut down on Christmas Day and the legal holidays…Why can't he?"

 

In response, Tudor asserts: "I need time to be with my family and to rest my palate – I've been exposed to over 3,000 wines this year, and I need time off."

 

In an email message received from the LCBO, the Board said: "That's not enough…Look how active we are, how much we do. Why does he need all that time away? He's the lifeblood of criticism of our policies…We desperately need an adversary at this time of year, especially when the economy is tanking."

 

Tudor replied: "I need more time to work through and develop my thoughts on the critical issues facing the consumption of alcoholic beverages in Ontario. I need to re-charge my batteries before going up against the alphabet soup of LCBO-VQA-WCO-OVA-WPA. I'm not supposed to say this, but the industry has asked me to come up with a bailout plan, to take advantage of the $30 billion that the Harper Regime will bribe us with…"

 

More on this development as it occurs, and watch if Tudor goes from BFF to PNG (and how long it takes to change)…

 

 
 

No comments: