$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ALL THE RUMOURS, MYTHS, & WEIRD WINE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ AND FOOD STORIES YOU CAN HANDLE.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$SS "NO MATTER HOW CYNICAL I GET, I CAN NEVER KEEP UP" (Lily Tomlin)

******************************* WINNER OF THREE MAJOR SPIFFY AWARDS FOR WINE SATIRE !!

Thursday, July 29, 2010

GOSH CEO Dean Tudor to run for Mayor of Toronto on Wine Whine Wins ticket

 

John Tory is poised to run for Mayor of Toronto – News item

 

 

TRAWNA – (GOSH Wine News Services) – To celebrate the dog days of summer, Dean Tudor – in a careful and well-choreographed announcement – has declared that he will be running for Mayor of Toronto, despite what he has said in the past.

 

"I can simply say – yes, I counted myself out at first, but I reconsidered when I saw that the issues I care about were not being properly addressed by the current line-up of candidates. People have been imploring me to come in with a declaration and my sense of public service commands me to obey."

 

Tudor, founder of GOSH Wine News Services and a major contributor to the Foxy Wine News Network of Canada, said that he would immediately hand over the leadership of GOSH/Foxy to Brett Grimsby, the top investigate wine reporter who broke so many stories with CellaredinCanada™ wines, Freggie™ the all-fruit, all vegetable wine, the G20 wines, and the Liberal Control of Beverages in Ontario, A Clown, er, Crown Corporation of a Have-Not Province.

 

When asked about his platform, Tudor immediately clarified what he said, even before saying it.

 

"Please don't take this out of context, but my running will put me in a conflict of interest position within the Canadian Wine Hacks and Flacks Association. So I must take a leave-of-absence from that august group, or face censure.

 

"My higher calling is to the Wine Whine Wins Party of Ontario, a sort-of urban version of the Green Party. He who screams the loudest about Ontario wines usually wins something. The prize this time is the Mayoralty of Toronto. I have the entire support of the wine community; I am one of their own. My platform will be uncorked next week!"

 

Toronto is situated 125 kilometres north of Niagara Falls. Stay tuned for more developments…

 
 
 

No comments: